Naturopathic medicine, also referred to as naturopathy or alternative medicine, is a distinct profession that emphasizes prevention, treatment, and optimization of health.
The practice of naturopathic medicine involves uncovering the root cause of the issue, followed by assignment of a personalized treatment plan using one or a combination of evidence-based modalities ranging from lifestyle and nutrition counseling to supplementing with herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals, or acupuncture
What to Expect from your visit with a Naturopath
Your first session will consist of a comprehensive review of your major health concerns, personal and family history, and a relevant physical exam. It is recommended that you bring in a copy of most recent and/or relevant lab tests or scans pertaining to your health concerns. By the end of the visit you will have a plan of action, consisting of health goals, dietary, lifestyle and exercise recommendations, and a personalized herbal/nutrient supplement formulation. The Naturopath may also recommend additional lab testing to help determine the underlying cause of your concerns, or if you have any nutrient deficiencies or hormonal imbalances.
Subsequent sessions are set up to re-assess your health concerns and revise the plan of action in accordance. Change happens in small steps, and so it is important to address any setbacks, and highlight the improvements. This is also the time to bring forth any questions or concerns that may have risen since the last visit.
Laboratory testing is an essential part of accurate diagnosis, monitoring treatment efficacy, and screening for medical risk factors. The Naturopath provides basic in-office testing, as well as specialised panels for a more in-depth analysis health:
- Adrenal and Thyroid Function analysis
- Allergy and Food Sensitivity testing
- Male and Female Hormone panels
- Environmental Pollutant Assessment
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool analysis
- Blood glucose, Monospot, Rapid Strep Test, etc.
- It is a good idea to bring a copy of your most recent a blood work and medical records to your first appointment with the Naturopath.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese Medicine constitutional diagnosis and treatment plan
- Acupuncture | Cupping | Moxibustion | Chinese herbal formulations
- Musculoskeletal treatment and pain management
- Menstrual regulation and fertility
- Facial rejuvenation
Our Naturopath is also trained and experienced in treating a wide variety of health conditions with special interests in preventative health and autoimmune disorders affecting:
- Digestion: Celiac's, Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's
- Hormone imbalances: Type 1 Diabetes, Addison's, Hashimoto's and Grave's disease
- Musculo-skeletal structures: Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriasis, Lupus, Myasthenia gravis, MS
Book a free 15 minute consultation to see how you can benefit from a natural treatment approach.